Thursday, December 10, 2009

New Experiences

It was one afternoon when I realized a taxi pulled into my driveway. I totally forgot that today was the day that Siddhartha would be coming to visit me. From the looks of Siddhartha, I believe that he wouldn’t really like any of the places around South Hadley, but I had some ideas in mind. The reason why I believe that Siddhartha wouldn’t like any of the places around South Hadley are because he is dressed like no one I’d seen before, although this is just me judging a man that I’ve never seen in my life.
I decided to bring Siddhartha to the Mall in Holyoke so I could buy him some clothes that suited a regular person of the area Siddhartha is being exposed of. I bought him a pair of shorts, a hat, a t-shirt, socks, boxers and a pair of Nike Air Force ones. The trip to the mall was pretty exciting although everyone I walked by was staring because of what Siddhartha was wearing. Other than that it went pretty well I’d say. The next trip is off to the Summit House about a mile outside of South Hadley.
The Summit House is a beautiful place wear you can enjoy the weather, hang out with your friends, and feel the breeze blowing by as well as the sight. You can even exercise. This is a place where I have been going since I was about 8 years old. This place hasn’t changed since the last time I have been there. From the looks of it I think Siddhartha already likes this place as well as the environment around it. You can enjoy the natural beauty and wilderness as you reach the top of the Summit House. As we approached the top, Siddhartha and I decided sit down on a rock. As I looked over to my side, I saw Siddhartha sitting their, meditating like nothing I’d seen before. It was as if nothing was living around him. He was so calm and relaxed. I imagined he was connecting with Atman. I tried speaking to him, but no response of course.
Well I was right about Siddhartha enjoying the Summit trip. Now is the time for the exciting and stimulating part of our adventure. Our next trip is off to high rock. High rock is a place where you can hang with your friends, go swimming and cliff jump. The stimulating part is standing on top of High rock, looking down into the water. It is a high jump. Siddhartha had that look in his eye, feared by the height. Although I imagined Siddhartha not enjoying this place, I decided to take him anyway, to show the experiences that this town achieves. I jumped off into the cold water. I looked up to see Siddhartha running away from the cliff. I hurried back up to the cliff to catch him, but there was no Siddhartha in sight. There was a piece of paper that blew by my face. I grabbed it quickly. It read, “Ryan, my dear friend, I had the wonderful experience of visiting you, to see the differences this area was to the area of India. It was inspirational visiting the Summit House, but the downside was visiting High Rock. I had never experienced someone risk their lives like that before. It was upsetting in my eyes. At least I know that there are beautiful places to visit in this country.” – Siddhartha

It was fun spending time with Siddhartha. I never thought it would have gone as well as it did. I thought he wouldn’t stick around to face the adventure I had planned out for him. I now understand that there are many differences in people, such as from other countries. The good thing was that Siddhartha had some fun, well at least I had thought. It was an amazing time. I wonder how Siddhartha made it back home though.

1 comment:

  1. I would like my reader to understand how well Siddhartha reacted to the places that I took him. How different this place is to India. It was hard for me to write this paper because I didn't know how different India was to the United Sates.

    ReplyDelete